Are you looking for software that will help improve your productivity? Are you looking for a way to communicate and collaborate at your company?
You might want to take a closer look at the amazing benefits of SharePoint. This will help to make sure you invest in the right platform.
Is it a good choice for your business to use SharePoint? Will you make the correct investment?
We can help you make the right decision by showing you features and benefits of SharePoint.
What is SharePoint?
Microsoft SharePoint Online is a web-based platform that is customer-oriented. It integrates with Microsoft Office to store and share files. It is a document and content management system.
There is a secure workspace for organizations to coordinate. You can build tasks, track schedules and get project details.
The method to use SharePoint:
- Go to microsoft365 as admin and choose the apps in the menu.
- Click on the page you want to create in the left-vertical pane.
- The team site should be chosen.
- The design of your website is what you choose.
- The name and description should be entered.
- Click on Finish to finish the setup.
Why are SharePoint document libraries vital?
“They act as a place for your members to keep their lists. It’s possible to have a separate library for every client, internal department, and partner in the system. Users have access to the documents and content when they click on the library.”
The method of using the document library is perfect.
- You can choose the documents in the left- vertical pane.
- You can add new items by choosing new. The current library folder can be used to drag and drop files.
- The app can open a Microsoft Office file.
- You can change the file with other members at the same time in modern web apps. You can check out a file and stop other people from working on it at the same time.
What is the purpose of SharePoint?
1. SharePoint Lists
You can manage the information using sharepoint lists and libraries. SharePoint lists are similar to spreadsheets that consist of rows and columns. It is available to users after concurrent access to avoid any hassle in the data.
The web-based features of the project management system make it easy to create, update, and remove items from a list.
2. SharePoint Workflows
There is a set of decisions and tasks that give you the outcomes. They are similar to the automated application that handles business processes. If you want to save time and effort, you can use a set of templates that are in SharePoint. Consistency and efficiency will be gained.
There are different roles that are linked with the workflows.
- Creator: The person who will create the template of workflow.
- Author: The person who will configure the workflow of your organization using a workflow template.
- Initiator: This person will start a new workflow instance for a list item or document. They have permission to terminate the workflow if needed.
- Participant: This individual performs the task associated with the workflow
3. SharePoint Search
The basic feature allows users to enter and execute searches. The recent website is where the scope of search is. The application processes the query and returns results that match the query.
Links to libraries, lists, sites, documents, or web pages may be included in search results. Permissions, previous searches, and the context in responding to your queries are needed by the search engine. If you add words to the search query box, it will return the solutions.
4. SharePoint Libraries
The host gets features to store, group, modify, filter, and capture vital data about the content stored. The content in the data can be stored in the library.
A library allows the members to manage, create, collect, and update files collaboratively. One of the many benefits of SharePoint is that you also get access to a great number of default libraries for specific purposes. You get the freedom to use default library apps to build new libraries.
5. SharePoint Project Site
This template has a lot of components that are related to project management.
- The project summary is for the project.
- There is a task timelines.
- The task list has things listed.
- “There’s a calendar”
- The document library.
- Task management features are built into it.
“It’s convenient to handle tasks and projects hassle-free using this method.”
What are the pros and cons of SharePoint?
Pros of SharePoint
- Many Features: It has a diverse set of features like task management, document management, security information, and asset library. This gives your organization a seamless experience in sharing, managing, and storing information in the digital world.
- Office 365 Integration: Office 365 products work seamlessly with SharePoint. Your organization can leverage all products and connect them with SharePoint.
- Integration: There are great exclusive functionalities with SharePoint. You can also integrate extensions with existing businesses, including CRM and ERM. This will make it easier for organizations to get access to information.
- Customization: Many organizations are choosing SharePoint as it can be molded to meet various business requirements. It gives you different types of enterprise solutions, intranets, portals, collaborative workspaces, and more.
- Reliability: With Microsoft support, you can rely upon solutions during setup, installation, and more. They will provide answers to the technical problems you come across in SharePoint.
- Collaboration: SharePoint aims to increase employee participation if used properly. You can use it as a central hub for messages, video chat, schedule meetings, and other productivity tools.
- Data Security: Microsoft SharePoint online has advanced level protection. The data transmissions are protected using the best encryption method. There is two-factor authentication to identify the correct users.
Cons of SharePoint
- Less Control: Once you move to cloud services, you get control of the front-end and could disrupt your business requirements.
- Increases Bandwidth: It is a slow and painful experience after migrating with Office 365 and may increase your bandwidth.
- Extra Development Efforts: Consider the additional time, issues, and cost required in case of integration. This might affect the productivity of the employees.
- Extensive Features are complicated: With a wide range of SharePoint features and benefits, you get confused. It consumes more time to invest in tailoring the perfect features and functions.
The Last Takeaway!
“The best features, pros, and cons of SharePoint have been provided by us. It’s perfect for small, medium and large businesses that need team collaboration for projects.”